Monday, May 18, 2009
This drawing was done with B-6B General Charcoal Pencils and Vine on standard Charcoal paper.
1) Toned paper with Vine. It's important to repeat this step until a flat tone is achieved. A chamois was used then a cotton cloth.
2) Construction Drawing. Please see Handouts above .
3) laying in of the shadow shapes and planes.
4) Modeling of the form. I used a soft paint brush and a cotton cloth to push the charcoal around. Careful not to take off too much.
5) I decided to lay in the background to add a greater sense of light on her face. I liked the abstract shapes that framed her face.